FRID awards scholarships each year for qualified members to take the NIC written and performance exams, and the EIPA performance . Scholarships are awarded once each year in October.
Applications are accepted anytime during the year and should be scanned and emailed to RegionRepWest@FRIDcentral.org ATTN: FRID Scholarship Committee
Click on the links below for more information.
Shannon Simon EIPA Performance Scholarship
Click here to APPLY NOW!!!
Application deadline: September 20, 2015
The annual $150.00 Betty Edwards Scholarship is awarded for an interpreter mentorship, or an interpreter diagnostic assessment, to an applicant that satisfies the below criteria:
1. Is currently enrolled in a Florida Sign Language Interpreter Training Program
2. Does not hold RID national certification.
3. Provide three (3) letters of recommendation speaking to the applicant's desire to pursue a career as a sign language interpreter. One letter from a certified interpreter, one letter from an instructor from the applicant's interpreter program, and one letter from a member of the Deaf community.
4. Provide a description of how the scholarship will be used.
5. Indicate in what way you will support FRID in the year following receipt of award.