EIE Application Process
***NOTICE*** As of March 2013, the EIE has been suspended.
FRID is seeking a responsible Chairperson and 2-3 committee members to come forward to manage the screening system so that candidates can continue to take this screening before the 2015 RID mandated deadline. Please consider serving to assist with the maintaining of the system.
All candidates should review the material in the EIE Study Packet before submitting an application for testing. All candidate criteria must be met before a candidate will be scheduled for any written test or performance screening.
As of July 1, 2012 FRID is not able to accept payment via checks or money orders. All candidates wishing to take the EIE written or performance exam must register and pay online.
The EIE scheduler cannot reserve any slots for screening without registration confirmation. If you are interested in a specific site or date, request that date and site on the drop-down menu during registration. If it is available, you will be scheduled as requested. If it is not, you will be notified and scheduled according to availability
Please allow at least 14 - 16 weeks for your results to be processed.
With the absence of an EIE Chair, questions about the status of your results should be sent to email@example.com.
EIE TESTING CRITERIA
**PLEASE BE AWARE THAT SHOULD A CANDIDATE REQUEST A REFUND OF EITHER THE WRITTEN EXAMINATION OR PERFORMANCE SCREENING, THEY WILL BE REFUNDED ALL MONEY MINUS A $25 PROCESSING FEE IF REQUESTED BEFORE THE EXPIRATION OF ONE (1) YEAR.**
- Written Test and Performance Screening: You MUST be a current member of FRID to sit for the Written Test and the Performance Screening.
- PLEASE include proof of membership when you send your application for testing.
- Membership will be verified by the EIE committee prior to scheduling and again by the EIE Chair prior to sending out test results.
- All applicants for the FRID EIE written test and/or performance screening must be at least 18 years old and have a high school diploma.
- Candidates may not take both the Written Test and the Performance Screening on the same date.
- You will be scheduled for the written test and receive notification of your scheduled written test date via e-mail.
- Once you have received notification that you have passed the written test with a score of 75% or higher, you may then register for the performance portion of the test.
- Note: You can pay for both portions of the test at the same time, but you will not be scheduled for the performance test until you have passed the written test and received confirmation.
- The EIE Scheduler will not schedule anyone until application, payment, and membership are confirmed.
- Waiting period for performance test is one year from date of previous test and three months from date of previous written test
- Scheduling for both the Written and Performance tests will be closed 10 days prior to testing. If application and payment have not been received and membership confirmed by that time the applicant will have to wait until the next available date.
- Site Coordinators cannot make addition/cancellation decisions related to testing - contact the EIE scheduler or EIE chairperson for all scheduling questions.