Greetings FRID Members!
To those non-members who are visiting this site, please consider joining Florida Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf (FRID). As a FRID member, you will be supporting a statewide effort to initiate, sponsor, promote, and execute policies and activities that will further the profession of interpreting and transliterating. Additionally, there are many benefits to membership.NEW MEMBERS: Apply online here!
Our Fiscal Year is from July 1-June 30. FRID membership dues are non-refundable. Checks are not accepted. QA/EIE screening payments can be refunded with a process fee of $25 if requested before the expiration of one year.
See Membership Categories and Eligibility Requirements before choosing a Membership Category.
RENEWING MEMBERS: The official renewal period is during the month of June each year. DO NOT apply as a New Member if you are renewing your membership. Simply login with your email and password, click on "View Profile," then click on "Renew until 2012." You may also "Edit your Profile" at any time. Be sure to select any information that you would like to show in the online Member Directory and click "Save" at the bottom. If your QA and/or EIE Level will expire this June 30th, you must renew as a Supporting Member.
If you were a Pre-Certified Associate Membership during this past fiscal year, but have since become RID Certified, please contact the Membership Chair who will change you from an Associate Member to a Certified Member. This can take place either before or after you renew your membership.
Attention Associate Members:
Termination of Quality Assurance Levels (QA) and/or Educational Interpreting Levels (EIE)
According to FRID bylaws, "An individual’s QA and/or EIE Level shall be terminated for non-payment of dues or maintenance fees, which results in an invalidation of screening, and individuals thus forfeit all rights and privileges of such status." FRID memberships expire on June 30th each year. In order to maintain a QA and/or EIE Level, one much renew by July 1st. On September 1st of each year, lapsed memberships will be archived.
QA/EIE Reinstatement Following Termination for Non-Payment of Dues In accordance with FRID bylaws, each fiscal year ends on June 30th. Membership dues must be paid prior to July 1st in order to avoid a lapse in membership. There is a two-month (60 day) grace period during July and August. If membership dues are not paid by September 1st, QA/EIE Levels are terminated for non-payment of dues. After September 1st, applications for reinstatement of QA/EIE Levels may be submitted to the Board of Directors, along with membership dues, a $25.00 late fee, and a $100.00 reinstatement fee. The cutoff date for reinstatement is February 1st.
Pre Certified Associate members must have dual Membership
Any member who has a QA and/or EIE Level must be a Pre-Certified Associate Member of FRID, as well as a member of RID. Dual membership in both organizations is required, according to the FRID bylaws. If you are not a member of RID, you do not meet the requirements for Associate Membership and your QA and/or EIE Levels will become invalid. RID documentation must be provided annually to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 1st. A two month (60 day) grace period is given. If RID documentation is not received by September 1st. Your membership will be changed from Pre-Certified Associate to Supporting and your QA/EIE will become invalid.
Important Dates to RememberJune 1--Renew your membership!
June 30-- Membership expires, end of fiscal year
July 1--New fiscal year begins
Sept 1--QA/EIE Levels are terminated due to non-payment of membership dues.
Feb 1--Cutoff date for reinstatement of QA/EIE Levels
· Your first name, last name, and interpreting credentials automatically appear in your Member Profile in the Member Directory. Out of respect for your right to privacy, all other personal information is set, by default, not to show. If you would like more information to show, log in and click on View Profile> Edit Profile> Access by Others>radio buttons for email address, phone number, etc.
· When you log in as a member, aside from being able to Edit Profile and set Access by Others, you can also check the box for Subscriptions. By default, you are currently subscribed to receive event reminders, e-newsletters, messages from administrators, and other important notifications. If you no longer want to receive such information, log in and deselect subscriptions. We encourage you not to do so however, as the Floridan is now published electronically and we want to keep you informed. Email blasts will be kept to a minimum.
· The all-in-one membership card (for Pre-Certified Associate Members with a QA and/or EIE Level) and mailing labels are generated from your online application form. Use Upper and Lower Case and type your name and address completely and accurately, as you want them to appear on your card and mailing label.
· You can log in and update your profile at any time, including change of name or address.
· The Directory Listing Text in the Public Member Profile is reserved for FRID related information (DSA Recipient, Board Member, etc.), not for Individual Members to use for personal narratives or professional advertisements. A new field has been added to the database, so Individual Members can check “Yes” to be listed as an Independent Contractor. Organizational Members have the option to check Independent Contractor or Interpreter Agency and are entitled to use the Directory Listing Text, as one of the benefits of an Organizational Membership.
FRID is no longer accepting checks by mail for membership dues. Please apply or renew your membership online.
To become a member of RID, visit Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf (RID)